This article speaks to us at this time.
|Three simple steps to help end the Death Penalty|
|Imagine our state free of the death penalty. You can help make it happen.
1) Visit the new SB 490 website: SIGN THE PETITION, stay informed and download the great fact sheets.
2) CONTACT YOUR LEGISLATOR through FCLCA’s Action Center.
3) SPREAD THE WORD: Use the links above or “Tell a Friend” below to send this message to your friends and contacts.
Your support makes our work possible. Please give today.
It’s now July 17, 2011. The bill to abolish the death penalty goes to the house this week. It’s important to contact the following senators to register your sentiments. Here’s their names and contact info:
More than one Legislator represents the zip code 95959. The complete list is below.
Member District Number and Office Capitol Office La Malfa, Doug 04 5800 Standford Ranch Bldg.700 State Capitol Rocklin, CA 95677 Sacramento, CA (916) 435-0744 94248-0001 (916) 651-4004 1550 Myers Street Suite C Oroville, CA 95965 (530) 532-5860 2885-C Churn Creek Road Redding, CA 96002 (530) 225-3142 1080 Mason Mall Suite 4 Crescent City, CA 95531 (707) 464-1255 Gaines, Ted 01 1700 Eureka Road State Capitol Roseville, CA 95661 Sacramento, CA (916) 783-8232 94248-0001 (916) 651-4001 33C Broadway Jackson, CA 95642 (209)223-9140 1020 N St. Rm 568 Sacramento, CA 95814 (916)651-1528
A campaign for War Tax resisters — 2011
EASY and LEGAL!
- Take a stand against war taxes.
- Be counted!
Join the “Pay under Protest” campaign organized by a group of experienced California Quaker war tax resisters.
Our goal this first year is to get at least 200 people to pay under protest.
If you are filing the IRS 1040:
- File your IRS 1040 as usual in 2011.
- Find the addresses (email or snail mail) of your federal legislators.
- By April 15th, 2011, write to your legislators saying that your are paying under protest the portion of your tax bill that goes for war (about half.)
http://us.gov has addresses and contact info for your legislators.